Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Apologizes, again

I was dead set on doing at least a blog post a week.   New Year's resolution if you want to call it that.   I'm so bad at those!

We hit January at a dead run.  Legislation went all kinds of bonkers and we spent a lot of time emailing, calling and traveling to Des Moines to help fight for a person's right to continue to breed healthy, well cared for animals.   I'm happy to say it was a win on all 3 fronts this year.   Both bills in the house and senate are for the most part dead.   The abuse bill is also dead.  

For those going wait, wait, let me set the record straight.  I have no patience for a person who abuses, harms or  neglects any person or living being.  What I have an issue with is creating more laws to solve a problem, when in fact the current laws are very good but not being enforced by the justice system.  Fix that first then see if the laws need to be adjusted.

Legislative session hit it's 100th day this week, which means they are not being paid to work, so we will hear the final gavel soon so they can hit the campaign trails.

In between legislation battles, I was nominated from the floor and accepted a bid to run for the board of directors of the CWCCA.  I'm proud to say I made it!  Thank you to all who voted for me and I hope I can represent your views and values in the national club.  Now that also means road trips!   I expect to see some great areas of our county that I haven't been to before.

Let's see, Hill Top Equestrian Drill team is a blast, though Torey has other opinions on working that hard in the winter.  

Muff is in the final stretch of high school, less than 30 days left.  Then it's about 3 weeks off and she heads out to boot camp.  

June basically is chaos-you'll find me rocking in the corner, mumbling nonsense.   Just make sure I have a cold one in my hand please.   Horse shows, dog shows, county fair, boot camp, drill team, dog class, and puppies.  Yep, why not add to the mess with puppies?

Okay, back to my goals, write once a week.

In the meantime, here's he newest addition to Foggy Bottom, Wasabi.  Yes, let the ass jokes commence.





Later gators,
C